Healthcare is an essential component of people’s lives. It makes people happy and healthy for their future. Besides, many essential components are required in the healthcare system that is used by healthcare professionals and experts in treating others. The surgical drains have been in use for several years mainly to operate different parts of the body. Surgeons make use of these for better medical practice and to know about the scientific practices more in detail. Besides, the main intention is to drain or decompress either the fluid or air that is present in the area where the surgery is performed.
Benefits of using drains at home
The major benefits of using healthcare components like surgical drains and many others include at home:
- Comfort and privacy are given- these can be used at the comfort of home and with the same professionalism as there is in the hospital
- Quick response time- the nurse who can work well with the medical equipment is provided to the patients in as quick as 2 hours with an additional usage charge in some cases
- The overall cost is low- there is no hefty added charge of an ambulance or other AE fees
- Cuts the hospital visits- the patients can avoid long waiting periods and queues as well as the risk of getting exposed to infection is also reduced in this case
Charges of the service
The charges of professional nurses who use surgical drains for their patients at home is $92 for weekdays, i.e. Monday to Friday and $110 for weekends, i.e. Saturday and Sunday. All the urgent requests are catered by requesting at least 2 hours before and at added rates. The rates for public holidays and festivals differ from the usual days and the same can be asked via the WhatsApp number mentioned on the website. There is also a clinical hotline that can be contacted for appointments.
What do the nurses help with?
The professional nurses can carry out the following procedures at the home of patients:
- Changing the feeding tube from time to time
- Changing the urinary catheter of both male and female
- Dressing and management of wounds
- Removing staples and stitches
- Carrying out the process of suctioning and tracheostomy care
- Adjusting surgical drains and other related processes
- Carrying out oxygen therapy at home
- Phlebotomy and other blood tests carried out at home
- Administration of injections that are intramuscular and intravenous
- Process of venepuncture
- Changing the stoma bag timely
If the family members want to know about any of the procedures in detail, they can contact the Singapore centre and seek assistance accordingly. It is a highly recommended service for all individuals who are old and require constant help and monitoring from someone at the best and most affordable rates in the surroundings.