In a world where all we do is stand, run, walk, and climb our feet support us all the way. Although they sit quietly in their shoes and socks all day, circulation and contact with air are limited.
Be kind to the person close to you and give him a gift in the form of legs. Although foot massage machines are becoming popular, nothing can replace what real human touch can do.
For more information, visit stherbproducts.com. So, whether you are massaging your own foot using the best RENPHO Air Compression Leg Massager, take a few minutes to explore this area and try a foot massage yourself.
The massage technique below has no medical benefits. However, if done correctly, your recipient will most likely walk away with a reaction of well-being and peace.
Foot massage, also known as sole massage or reflexology, was widely practiced by the Chinese, believing that every organ in the body corresponds to a specific point on the sole.
Thus, they feel that rubbing the foot stimulates the nerve endings in the sole, which benefits the malfunctioning organ. On the same principle lies the strange-looking insoles with protruding dots, which became fashionable a few years ago.
The foot massage begins with a short foot bath in which the feet are placed in a basin of some warm water. Herbs or even fragrances are then attached to the soak liquid to soften your skin and also relax the foot muscles. Various points on the soles for a memorable foot massage.
Foot massage steps
- Make sure your “patient” or friend is comfortable and relaxed. Set up a suitable chair or bed until they feel comfortable sitting or lying down for at least 30 minutes.
- Soak your feet in warm water for 5-10 minutes. Feel free to add scented essential oils for an aromatherapy effect.
- Apply grease. (Note: If your patient has sensitive skin or prefers not to use lubricant, that’s okay. The lubricant just makes the massage easier).
- The next step is to hold the foot with one hand, and with the other hand, stretch and bend the friend’s foot. Start at the ankle, then make the ball. You can repeat this 3 or 4 times and change direction to stretch the foot fully.
- Your attention now shifts to the sole. Using your thumbs or knuckles, massage firmly but gently. It is essential to focus on the arch of the foot.
- Fingers, Starting with the big toe and working towards the little toe, squeeze your toes one at a time and massage each toe with light massaging movements using digital body tape measure. If your patient likes it, you can always massage your toes. You can also gently snap each toe, but quickly cover with your toes.